Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Enough Excuses: The Rebirth (Again) of the “What We Owe to Dogs" Blog

Anyone who's tried to read this blog will realize that posting has been really spotty. There have been a few reasons for this, the main one being that under a misguided belief  I thought that I could increase exposure by splitting time between this blog and being a Yahoo! contributor. As many of you may know, trying to do too many things at once leads to none of them being done properly! I am now committing to this blog and there are some things that I promise and some things that I ask.

 What to Expect:

·         at least one post per week

·         a variety of personal opinions regarding animal rescue, promotions of organizations that I support, anecdotes regarding dogs that I have owned or have known, and some of my favorite dog photographs.

·         the opportunity to engage in discussions regarding a variety of animal welfare subjects.

 What I Ask:

·         that you shared this blogthat all animal lovers share this blog with everyone they know

·         that whether you agree or disagree, you remain polite and respectful.

·         that you actively participate: disagree, agree, suggest topics, tell me I'm full of it (respectfully, of course), tell me I'm a genius, add links that you think might help, etc.

·         that you share your own experiences

 

My hope for this blog is that we can become a community. As in all communities, discussion and disagreement is the foundation of moving forward. The animal welfare community, as will be seen in upcoming posts, is fractured and we must agree on common opinions and common ground.
 
You may find that my opinions have changed since previous posts, but that is the nature of the beast. Since my initial involvement in the animal welfare movement which was based entirely on emotion I have read and researched more and my opinions have evolved. This doesn't mean that I believe I am right: it is simply my opinion.

 One thing to remember is that my opinions are not necessarily those of any organization with which I can be connected. The purpose of the blog is to state what I think, not what anybody else thinks!

 I look forward to an active and open discussion.

 Thank you.

 Ian F.

No comments:

Post a Comment