Thursday, November 24, 2011

Giving Thanks

On this Thanksgiving Day I don't want to be annoyed or try to be controversial in any way.  I simply want to give thanks to all the dogs I have known throughout my life for the joy and the love that they offered.  Some, Tuppence for example, were only in my life for a few weeks but, while providing an early childhood lesson in topics such as the dangers and realities of buying a puppy from a pet store, they also exhibited the loyalty and love that makes the bond between humans and dogs so special .  Others such as Dalglish, Sandy, and Kettles gave us love and laughter for the entire fifteen years of their lives.  In this expression of gratitude I include all the dogs--too many to name individually--that I have met through my connections with rescue shelters.  So, to Timmy, Tuppence, Lassie, and Candy; to Dalglish, Sandy, and Kettles; to Suzie, Shadow, Sam, and Lulu thank you all.  My life would have been less fun and less meaningful if you had not been in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment