Saturday, October 29, 2011

My Own Hypocrisy Revealed

After my previous post in which I ranted about communities allowing the mass gassing of dogs to occur, I discovered my own hypocrisy when I realized that I had never thought to ask the local goverment-run Animal Care and Protective Services department what methods of euthanasia they use.  I had automatically assumed that they used the same humane injection methods used by vets in medical cases.  In other words I was remaining blissfully ignorant.  I have now e-mailed the department and I am awaiting a response.

2 comments:

  1. Lethal injection is the only legal method allowed in FL. Gunshot is allowed in certain cases. 2 days of a euthanasia class is required for any non veterinarians. ACPS only uses lethal injection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info, Chele. My ego is only exceeded by my ignorance :)

    ReplyDelete